Friday, 24 January 2014

Shattered Dreams


These walls, these restraints, they are my friends,
The lonesome hours, staring into space, are my companion,
And the punctual sunshine, the scented breeze, my lovers.
I wonder what I did wrong, so I could take that back,
For I have no home to call my own, no family to run back to.

The ecstatic chatter of kids playing in a familiar shadow,
Is no more than painful noise, and I envy their smile.
Father, mother, brother, sister – words my senses are oblivious to.
My family is confined to my vague, subtle dreams,
And I so eagerly wait for the night, for my sleep.

There’s nothing I wouldn’t trade for a mother’s warmth,
And for a father’s scolding, for a friendly banter with a sibling.
My Dreams were a mirage, this I came to realize,
As I stood there and stared back at the thousand reflections,
In the broken pieces of my shattered dreams.


9 comments:

  1. "There’s nothing I wouldn’t trade for a mother’s warmth,
    And for a father’s scolding, " - The father's scolding came as a wonderful surprise.
    Well-thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post has been selected for the Spicy Saturday Picks this week. Thank You for an amazing post! Cheers! Keep Blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice poetry! can feel the pain and loneliness while reading it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...