Sunday, 17 November 2013

Just Another Viva !!



“Next roll number, come in” the examiner shouted,
Was my preparation up-to the mark? I highly doubted.
My terror and confidence fighting it out, I walked in.
A random figure on the board behind, he chalked in.

“Explain it to me” he pointed at the board,
The chalk in his hand equivalent to a sword.
“It’s not in the syllabus, sir.” I answered back,
Outraged at my audacity, he was taken aback.

He thundered, “So, you think you know it all ??”,
Calmly I said, “Yes sir, I read it just outside the hall”.
He opened his register and marked the grade,
That being the mystery, I walked out dismayed.



                                       As part of 100 Words on Saturday on Write Tribe.


16 comments:

  1. Lol... That's one gutsy boy.. questioning the examiner. Great take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great reflection on the younger generation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe yes... questioning, fearless, non-conservative :)

      Delete
  3. Ha...Ha.. Lovely one Alok. I can just imagie the face of the examiner when he was told,“Yes sir, I read it just outside the hall”.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!
    Oh boy! That sure did bring back some memories from school! ;)

    Nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...!
    Fabulous take on the prompt....I can't begin to count the number of times teachers have yelled that at me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks a lot ... the yelling thing has happened a lot to all of us :D

      Delete
  6. This made me chuckle - I could imagine the examiner's face spewing forth smoke! Very nice.
    dropping by from the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet! I had a smile on my face reading it. facing a viva is akin to facing a cannon loaded with ammunition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Fun to read and remind me what I did at Viva once. I never attended English lecture and told examiner read the book on exams eve, she told me, :Now, what should I ask you? I kept my mouth shut and asked me, 'Who is lecturer?" I am like XYZ and she's like I am the one and never saw you in class..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha hilarious... these things happen :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...