Monday, 21 October 2013

The Last Moments !!


My sweat, my pain shouted out loud,
I had worked hard,
 In that last sprint of my life,
And meters away from the finish,
I knew it was my last second there.
...


Being chased through the woods,
Caught red-handed stealing,
Fearsome canines unleashed on me,
I knew very well then,
It was my last minute there.
... 


Returning home to earth,
The spacecraft caught fire,
I looked at the oxygen levels,
Grief struck that moment and I knew,
It was my last hour there.
 ...


The British had announced freedom,
And the governments, the partition,
I cried, I laughed, I grew up there, 
But I knew,
It was my last day there.
...


14 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Alok! Loved the verse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot ma'm for the encouragement :)

      Delete
  2. Brilliant! Loved the verse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem. Each verse was distinctly different and well written ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you... Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. each verse so different yet merged very beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you princess... Thanks a lot for the appreciation :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the different layers you gave to the poems. Simply brilliant:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...